Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, June 13

People

I found out last night that most of the crew is supposed to write three stop cards each shift. I was only told to write one. That lasted for all of three days before I forgot, and then never motivated myself to start again. I probably have three hazards in my workplace:

1. Fall asleep and neglect duties

2. Trip over Little Buddy

3. Fall asleep and neglect duties (all 2 of them)

Today’s Exploit:

I thought I would write about each of the people I am working with right now. All of them make me laugh on a regular basis.

Logan:  Soft spoken; I usually have to be looking at him and concentrating as hard as I can to hear/interpret what he says. Likes four wheelers; he constantly talks about them asking me if I know of any good places to ride them (the more mud, the better). Has only broken 4 bones, but broke his ankle 3 times.

Frank:  Used to be a tennis pro, I received a very detailed account when I went in to ask about recycling. He talks constantly about how he hates running, but never fails to ask me how far I went.

Jose:  Speaks very little English. Says cupcakes have too much sugar, but he tried one anyway. He asked if it was ok that he took the frosting off.

Billy Joe:  Always smiles, always. Rubs his head to find his hard hat when it is lost. Will melt in the rain, but is “sour”.

Knapp:  Always looks a little lost, he mostly has a half smile on his face as if he knows something is happening but doesn’t know how to respond.

Chris 1:  Self titled Night Pusher, tour guide, taxi service, snake patrol. Will work for food, but is on a diet. He tells me he’ll run with me to the edge of location, and wait for me until I return to run back

Lee:  Claims he runs in the mornings, but backpedals to walking as soon as he finds out I run.

Chris 2:  ALWAYS smells like fast food.

All others:  Come to visit me so that they can give Little Buddy snacks and pets, sometimes I feel a little left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative