Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, September 30

Sleeping in the Rain

I used my new stove for the first time yesterday.   It was amazing.  
I made french toast.  
Now I need to come up with something that it might actually make a difference for.  Like caramel or custard or clotted cream.
I also might need a copper sauce pan.  
Today’s Exploit:
I took my friend Kevin, who doesn’t like to be called Kevin, to Wyoming.
We went to the cabin for a weekend with the madness that is the typical Naylor/Hepner/Kalberer get-together.
I like to sleep outside, so he decided to be brave and try to handle the “cold” as well.
When we went to bed it was gorgeous and clear and the fire was quietly fading.  
Unfortunately some time later clouds came in the rain started.  At first it was just spitting at me.  But it woke me up.  
I didn’t want to be wet so I woke Kevin and told him it was raining.  
He gave me a disgusted look and told me it wasn’t.
I told him I was going to move to the porch anyway and he could get wet if he wanted.
So I gathered my cot and sleeping pad and sleeping bag and toted it to the  porch of the bathhouse.  Good sense kicked in and Kevin followed me a few seconds later.  
We got re-situated and 82 seconds later it started really raining, but we stayed nice and dry on the porch.  And it was still nice and cool.
When we got back to Texas his family asked how it went.
Kevin:  She made me sleep outside in the cold and the rain.
Me:  ... (Incredulous look)
Family:  ...Oh?
Kevin:  Fine, she actually made me wake up and move out of it.  Even though I didn’t want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative