Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, September 28

I’m Worth Two

My favorite song today:
I need you like another broken heart
and a hole in my head,
I need you like a six foot grave
and a high speed train wreck,
I bet you find it hard to believe 
but I miss you like a bad disease.
-Schuyler Fisk
Today’s Exploit:
I was up for ages the other night.  We got all our computers running and the cables routed to the proper places and the tool built and programmed.  Then all that was left was to wait for the rig.  
I waited until 4:30 am.  
We finally started picking up the pieces of the assembly.  I had my tool ready to hook up to the winch and was waiting for my cue.  
I watched the driller and the DD talking, occasionally looking at me and pointing once or twice.  
I ignored them.
Then Rick, the DD, came over to talk to me.  
Rick:  I was asking Hector how many guys he had on his crew.
Me:  How many?
Rick:  He said 6, including himself.
Me:  Oh.
Rick:  Then he told me that I counted for one and you counted for two.  
Guess I’m pretty important, even though they don’t let me work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative