Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, September 3

She’s a Big Girl Now

Happy Anniversary to my Mom and Dad!




Today’s Exploit:
I went to North Dakota.
I was 23.7 miles from the Canadian border.  It was beautiful, I was miserable.  Remember?
I also left Myrtle home alone.  
We went shopping at Home Depot before I left to find a “timed release watering device”.  We found one that was “As Seen on TV!”
It was a big, hollow glass bulb.  But I tried it.
They claimed it would water a plant for up to 2 weeks.  
I filled up the pretty one and watered Myrtle until she thought she was going to drown.  Then I inserted the tip of the bulb into the center of her pot.  It tipped over.  
But she toughed it out and didn’t fall over herself, so I said, “good luck,” and made a wish for her to be alive when I got back.
Then I made a mad dash for the airport.  
When I got back after just a week the bulb was empty, but Myrtle’s dirt was still damp.  And Myrtle was 3 times the size she had been when I left.
I guess I wasn’t watering her enough.  
She’s growing faster than a weed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative