Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, September 12

An Epic Baking Moment

George says we can’t work together very often.
That was after he ate 6 pancakes.  

Today’s Exploit:
Yesterday I had an epic moment in my baking career. 
I made up a recipe.
I didn’t have one there and just ignore half the directions.  And I didn’t have one in mind that I just wanted to tweak a bit.  
It’s the first time I didn’t use another recipe as a reference.  At all.
And it almost turned out the way I expected.  
Not quite, but almost.
I almost jumped for joy when it was actually edible.  I thought for a while that it just might be tricking me into thinking it worked because of the almond and cinnamon smells.  
Matt and George were really excited about it.  Matt took pictures while George stood and watched over my shoulder as I assembled it into a shortcake/layer cake creation.
Later George asked if he could have some.  When I said to help himself, he took full advantage of that and took nearly a quarter of it.  
Matt alternates between telling me I can cook and experiment as much as I want, and telling me I’m mean for making things that tempt him while he’s trying to be healthy.

2 comments:

  1. They're on PJ's Kitchen (http://pjskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/buttermilk-cinnamon-almond-strawberry.html)

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative