Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, September 7

Family Dinner






Today’s Exploit:
Last night we had a family dinner.
At the rig.
With no family.
Well, the DD had family, his wife and dogs came.  
But the rest of us just pretended.
We cooked all day for this special dinner. 
In the morning we made ice cream.  Well, Beth made ice cream, I supervised.  She brought the ice cream maker, so I made her do it.  Now, hopefully, she can do it at home whenever she feels like it.  
After it froze we smushed it into a tupperware for later, and licked the bowl.  Matt got to lick the spoon.  Beth and I each got one scoop.  The dogs got the rest.  
Spoiled little pooches.  

One of my new buddies: We were best friends
because I always ‘itched’ their heads and smelled like food.

Then Matt went and let slip to the roughnecks that we’d made a treat.  Naturally they thought it should be for them.  So we made cookies to go with it.  
In the middle of the cookies they told me they were making steaks and beans and corn and broccoli for dinner.  So I had to offer to make dinner rolls.
I like playing with squishy, sticky bread dough.  
When it was all done we filed in to fill our plates and all sat together at the table.  Like a real family.  And we sometimes talked and sometimes stuffed our faces.  And they gave me wine, but  don’t tell anyone because it’s not allowed.  
And then we ate ice cream for dessert.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative