Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, September 8

Squishing My Squishy

My sister likes to tease my mom about things she used to say when we were fighting. So now she randomly spouts off things like: What did I tell you? It’s her current favorite, along with the word obscene. She uses it to describe pretty much anything. Mostly it’s pretty funny, but sometimes it takes me a while to process.

Today’s Exploit:

While at my last rig I was chased out of my box by another MWD watching stupid, appalling reality shows on TV. So I went to the rig floor to harass the hands. They were very good natured about it and talked to me.

They made me laugh lots, and told me about what they do on their time off. One of them builds computers from scratch: much smarter than me=what in the world are you doing in the OIL FIELD? One of them plays 7 instruments and entertains at clubs and sells “beats” to famous people: very talented=what in the world are you doing in the OIL FIELD?

Also they like to tease each other. Chris told me that Joseph acts tough but is really squishy inside.

Joseph: Yes, you know those stress balls? The blue and green globe ones?

Me: Yes.

Joseph: Well that’s what I have inside.

Me: Oh.

Joseph: People get stress relief by squishing my squishy.

Chris and Me: look at each other and burst out laughing

Joseph: Wait, that sounded bad. I didn’t mean it that way…

Chris and Me: laughing harder

I spent the next 12.7 minutes laughing until I was crying because Joseph kept trying to explain and making his story even more hilarious.

PS Dad: You should make Chicken Enchiladas for dinner. Just getting a head start here.

PPS: I wanted to call this post Squishy, but it turns out I already named one that. I am a little overwhelmed by this

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative