Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, September 19

Complaining

Today I got the bestest birthday surprise ever! The two amazing little big boys that I used to watch called me. One had a dream about me, so they decided to call.

Me: Hello?

Eli: Hi PJ, it’s Eli. I had a dream about you and I want you to come visit!

The rest of the conversation consisted of me trying painfully to come up with questions and both Eli and Cavan answering monosyllabically. Until the end, when they knew they’d have to hang up.

Eli: I know how to read! And we have a lot of trails around our house and I got a new bike!

Cavan: PJ! I can jump up and down on one foot!

Yep, best birthday surprise ever!

Today’s Exploit:

So, Bob the Company Man. He’s a little crazy. I think his favorite thing to do is complain.

The first time I talked to him was when he complained about the position of our tool on the ground. It was a tripping hazard, and someone was going to get hurt.

He was walking around the rig in high -water coveralls, tennis shoes and no hard hat…

The next time was to hear about how our surveys were not good. We had magnetic interference and we were sending them out anyway! (This is not a big issue at all) He called three times asking about it. And he wanted me to wake the other MWD.

During this time he also complained to the DD multiple times asking him to wake the other DD.

Then he came to the trailer and complained again! Finally the DD woke up the other DD to tell him that the surveys we have are okay. I think he was offended that the day DD didn’t agree with him, so he sat and watched over my shoulder for the next 20.8 minutes.

Tonight I’ve gotten 3.7 calls from him reminding me to check the most menial tasks, the first I learned to do. It plays the ice cream truck song every time he calls, and then instead of thinking about work I’m wishing I had some ice cream. Probably coffee ice cream with toffee pieces. And that leads to thinking about making toffee, how it hasn’t worked properly in my attempts so far. And that leads to contemplating Grammas Buttercream Frosting. And I’m going to try to make it even though I detest buttercream frosting.

Buttercream frosting makes me think about birthday cake, and birthday cake makes me think about two boys that called me this morning. And then I smile.

Maybe Bob the Company Man should call more often.

PS Dad: Today you should make Caramelized Chipotle Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative