Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, September 29

And the Next Day

An inspired Haiku from my sister.  I'm hanging it on my virtual fridge:

haiku for you:
you know what i want?
i want a cinnamon roll.
you're sch a weirdo.
the end.

Today’s Exploit:

After I graduated, and after I played with fire for a while and when I still didn’t like engineering, I went to the family cabin. I stayed there a week. Alone. With the clouds. I’m pretty sure 98.6% of my family thought I was crazy. But, then I already knew that.
I read books and baked muffins and went hiking. But only because there was no snow and I couldn’t ski. And I chopped wood. A lot of wood. With a little axe. It was a lot of work. But I did some every day. I was very proud of myself. And Eric was jealous because he couldn’t chop the pieces when he’d tried. Rawr!


This is what I looked like, except without the do-rag, or the curl. And probably I wore an orange vest and had blonde hair. But other than that it’s exactly what I looked like.
 I had many lovely adventures climbing rocks and howling with the coyotes. And everything was very fall-y, like this:

Except the aspen leaves kept falling and attacking me.
But then my week was over and my parents came to stay the weekend with me. We had soup and toast and talked about better times. Then I slept on the porch to escape the heat. And the next day it snowed. And it snowed. And snowed. Until we almost didn’t make it back to town. But of course we made the best of it and built a turtle.

…And they all three stood, ready to fight the evil emperor with only sticks to shield themselves…
We made the turtle armed with sticks and a pair of rubber dish-washing gloves and a dog. The dog was mostly a hindrance because she thought she was supposed to bite the snowballs we were making. That was probably why we ended up with a turtle, instead of a man, made of snow. *Notice how my father is appropriately dressed for the weather in a Hawaiian shirt.

We had heaps and heaps of snow. I bet you can’t imagine what happened the next day…

Ok, ok. So it wasn’t the next DAY. It was a little longer than that.
I flew! And when I landed I was in the very spot I stood next to the mutant snow turtle.

The End.

PS Dad: Today you should make Italian Wedding Soup!

3 comments:

  1. Awww...I loved that weekend. And I loved that turtle. And it's fall again, I think we should go up there this weekend. Too bad you can't make it. t

    ReplyDelete
  2. you jerk! why would you put that picture up?! even i don't put your really gnarly pictures up.
    rawr! >:/

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative