Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, September 27

So Not Helpful

Spin your body around

Now your feet are gonna hit the ground
I am going sleepless and you're out of lullaby

-The Hush Sound

Today’s Exploit:

I have been getting ready for my next class for this job. They give me lists of things I must accomplish before I am allowed to attend. One of my tasks for this class is to update my radiation certification. I’ve been having some trouble finding the test and video to get it updated. So I sent a message to one of the certification guys to ask for help:

Dear Mr. Lichtenheimer*, My Radiation certification has expired, and I was wondering if I can update it online while at the rig. I looked through iLearn, and found a reference to a video, but could not find a link. Also is there a test I have to take to renew the certification?

Thanks,
PJ Darling
*name changed to protect the guilty

His reply:

PJ,

Unless you are handling radioactive sources this portion of the DM QHSE is not required, when the time comes for you to be active in this role you FSM will arrange the survey meter assessment, this will probably be done in NGC.

The Radiation has 4 parts to it. “

Bla bla, explain explain…

“Radiation Basic ~ DONE School/or renewed online you have this portion done (This is what I need!)

Let me know if you have any other questions, the IT RTR is RealTime Remote operations and is an online test with nothing to do with radiation.
Mr. Lichtenheimer

I am a bit excited after this email because it sounds like this guy knows what he’s talking about.

Mr. Lichtenheimer,

I am trying to get my sign off sheet for Scope School and updating my L2C2 certification is one of the requirements.

I have looked in iLearn and QUEST, and found DM OJT 410. When I enrolled in it I just got a page saying the enrollment was confirmed. I can find no attachment to get to the video to review, or to the test to take.

Would you direct me to the correct path to view the video and take the test please?

Thanks,
PJ Darling
So he helpfully replies:

PJ,

This one is done in Quest, it is the radiation test and cert you do 1 time a year. If you have this done in Quest send me a print screen of your Quest Certifications and I will update manually.

Mr. Lichtenheimer

I’m pretty sure I said I looked in Quest. Let me check again…Nope still not there. By now I’m more than a little frustrated. This dude is not actually reading what I wrote, is he? I thought not. So to clarify myself I wrote another note and sent some pictures of what I am seeing.

Mr. Lichtenheimer

I can’t find a link that allows me to watch the video, or a link that allows me to take a test. I don’t have the option to take a test, and when I click the certification name I get a list of content, but no links. I took print screens of these pages and attached them.

Please let me know what I need to do to get this updated.

Cheers,
PJ Darling
He hasn’t answered yet. So not helpful. I’m getting short on time here.

PS Dad: Today you should make Enchilada Pie. Mom has the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative