Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, September 7

I was a Bridge Troll

On my holiday I got to go play in the mountains near my home. We spent most of the time laughing at one of our family friends, Eric. Eric does not need anyone to respond to any thing he says. He just goes on and on. And everyone else is unable to respond because they’re laughing so hard. Some of my favorite quotes this trip:

[PJ], it does my heart good to see you up here [at the cabin].

I know it wasn’t your finger, because it fit all the way in! after receiving a wet willie.

Here Lindsay, hold this for me. giving his wife a poker for the fire, soot side up.

Leave me alone; can’t you see I’m sleeping? sitting on a stump near the camp fire.

Today’s Exploit:

Also on this trip I helped build a bridge. The old bridge was pretty amazing and we built it with a bobcat skid steer and six people. But the creed flooded this spring and washed the bridge away. My dad found it about fifty feet downstream, stuck in the willows.

So we took it apart, and pulled the pieces out and put it back. This time we had a skid steer, an excavator and more people than I want to count. Although many of the people were just there to watch, or hunt small animals with a bb gun.

                      Some peole and some machinery                                                                          Some more people

Last time I was the one standing in the freezing, glacial melt, water handing things back and forth, and rearranging the chain so that bobcat could pull the stringers across. This time I stood in the water, but they also let me hammer some nails, and one piece of rebar in the shoring. But my main job was straitening bent nails so that we could reuse them; we were a little short on hardware.

That's my one piece of rebar!


I also cut down a tree. It was really hard. The tree did not want to move and I am now a wimp after sitting at a computer for two years.

But the best part of building a bridge was getting to be the first bridge troll.












              RAWR! this is my bridge!                       
    





And then I did a cartwheel.


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative