Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, August 25

Getting the Boot

This morning I went to breakfast with some rig hands. Not the ones that invited me to buy theirs. We went to a little Mexican place. It was very good. I got some Eggs Rancheros. And I even ate the eggs. And I ate some amazing salsa hot sauce. (I've been informed that salsa is a dance, if it has peppers in it its hot sauce)

When we were leaving one of the guys told me that the waitress recognized him from a year ago, and remembered his name. So, for some reason, he decided he had to tell her that I am his wife. Apparently she made him a little nervous.

Today’s Exploit:

When I got to this rig they were tripping pipe, so I didn’t have much to do until late at night. It wasn’t until shortly before I really needed them that I discovered that one of my steel toed boots was missing. So I faked it. I wore some other boots I happened to bring with me. And I hoped really hard that there wouldn’t be too much mud. Or that someone would notice that they didn’t have steel toes.

The next morning I ran to Wal-Mart, the most torturous store in the universe, to find some replacements. The smallest size they had was men’s size 7. I probably wear 5.5. They also only had slip ons. Sorta like cowboy boots, but not as cool.

So now I am tromping around in boots that are 3 sizes too big and not legal according to the company I work for. I am lucky I haven’t ended up on my nose about 53 times.

Please cross your fingers that my right boot is at home on my floor, waiting for me to go back and find it.

Also, I have some crocs that I use inside the trailer. I had them outside to make changing a little easier. Now I only have one. I’m pretty sure the rig dog stole it. The upside is that she stole the left shoe. Now I can wear the right one with my left steel toed boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative