Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, February 18

My Very Own Trainee

Crap, I’m procrastinating. And I’m going to be late. I still don’t even know what I’m going to write about today, its 8:19. I am failing.

Today’s Exploit:

The kid that I’m working with seems to be pretty quick to pick things up. So I get a lot more reading done, since I don’t have to do the other mundane tasks that my job requires (I finally finished "Dracua" after only 5 months).

And he fixes pipe screens and overshots so I don’t have to. Without me even asking. It’s like having magic elves that fix everything at night. Sort of like the shoemaker’s elves. Except I see mine.

He usually stays in the unit until 7:30 or 8:00. It’s not a bad thing, just awkward because he persists in using the same desk space that I am using. I end up squished in a corner while he checks his email for two hours.

Honestly, how many emails can you get in one night? Also, why not check them at night? You know, those 12 hours that I’m not here? So that I don’t have to curl up into a mouse sized ball and not move for fear of disturbing the sacred process.

Also I’m too much of a wimp to ask him to move the computer a few feet down the counter.

On the bright side, he is a tea drinker. And he has an electric kettle. That means a never-ending supply of hot water, sans the coffee flavor of every other pot/cup/dish that exists on the rig.

Overall having a trainee is not a bad thing. I get to be bossy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative