Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, February 22

Accordions and Hula-Hoops

I was going to post about Starla today, and my adventures with her. But the story wasn’t finished, and I have not motivation. So, instead, you get a random story from 6.7 months ago.

Today’s Exploit:

When I visited home, not the last time but the time before, it was summer. And Laramie had the weekly Friday Farmers’ Market.

I forced Cupcake to go with me, and we saw lots of dogs, and bought fruit that I had never tried before (and still haven’t. We forgot about it and it mouldered in the fridge), and we Hula-hooped. We used giant hoops, and made fools of ourselves. We had great fun and scared all the kiddies that wanted to play. It was the Wellness booth, and we played with all their games.

When we decided that we’d swiveled enough we started wandering some more.

That was when we discovered the busker. He was playing the accordion. Cupcake was immediately enamored. She’s still on her European kick. And the accordion reminded her of France.

We stood there and listened to the music for a very long time. Cupcake even requested a song, and he knew it. She would have stood there until he finished if I’d let her.

But finally I told her I had to make dinner, and she had to come with me. So she tipped him and told him she loved him, and we trundled along about our business.

Right now I am listening to some music that Cupcake gave to me, the soundtrack from Amélie. So I am remembering standing in the sun, surrounded by people listening to the accordion. And imagining sidewalk bistros and the smell of bread wafting from patisseries. And the Eiffel Tower.

This music makes me want to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative