Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, February 21

Conversation With A Fox

For some reason I haven’t yet figured out, the better I sleep at night, the more tired I am in the morning. It was far easier to get up when I was waking 6-7 times a night. But now that I only wake 2-3, mornings are miserable.

Bah humbug.

Today’s Exploit:

Yesterday, when I was taking a short little walk after dinner, I met a fox.

I was trying to atone for skipping my run by using the weekend as an excuse, and eating a dinner made for the Hulk.

I was meandering down the road, trying to will my phone to have service. I succeeded long enough to discern that my family was screening my calls. Then my will flagged, and I was left in a barren wasteland of prickly pear and some low-growing deciduous tree.

That was when the foxes came to meet me.

The first one ran across the road and vanished in to the cacti.

The second one, however, decided to investigate this blatant invasion of its space.

It stood in the road and watched me.

Me: Hello, Mr. Fox.

Foxxy: *Stare*

Me: How are you tonight?

Foxxy: *Stare*

Me: Sorry to bother you on this fine evening, but I needed some quiet air.

Foxxy: *Stare*

Me: I just needed to get away from the rig, and pretend to exercise. So that I can feel a little better about my sedentary job.

Foxxy: *Stare*

Me: I just sit in a box all day. When I took this job I had hoped for hands on work, but it turns out it’s an office job. Just worse because I have to live in the middle of nowhere for weeks at a time and dust and never-ending noise.

Foxxy: *Stare*

Me: But you didn’t really want to know that, sorry. I’ll be going now. Enjoy your evening.

Foxxy: *Scurries off into the cacti to join its mate.*

Me: Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative