Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, February 19

Bob, the Show-Off

I just saw an advertisement for one of the phone companies. One that allows way too much internet access.


It had a girl who had just been on a date. Not only was she sitting outside the guy’s house, hiding in a bush, she was stalking him on Facebook and sending “couple” photos to everyone she knew.

It made me want to ban the use of this device from the universe. I think they were a bit counter-productive in this case…

Today’s Exploit:

Every once in a while I’ll come across a roughneck that also “likes to run”.

They tell me how much they run when they’re at home, and that sometimes they run while they’re on the rig, too. I’ll give you an example of these conversations. We’ll call the roughneck Bob for simplification.

Bob: So, you like to run a lot?

Me: Yep.

Bob: How often do you go?

Me: I try to run every day.

Bob: Wow, I like to run a lot, too.

Me: Oh yeah?

Bob: Yeah, I run all the time when I’m at home. I run almost every night. I like to stay in shape.

(Most of the people who tell me this have a difficult time making it up the stairs)

Me: Wow.

Bob: Sometimes I like to run at the rig, too.

Me: I see.

Bob: Yeah, I run all the way to the gate and back. It’s a pretty good run.

(This distance usually varies from .5 miles to 1.3.)

Me: Yep.

Sometimes they ask how far or how long I run, and if they do that they invariably end the conversation really fast and go back to work.  I try to avoid this question if possible.

I’ve only met one that runs further than I do. And he was bloody fast. I’m jealous.

PS I know I'm late, but it's really not my fault!  We had to start a new run.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative