Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, February 15

I’m A Big Kid Now, I’m even past the pull-ups

Happy Belated-Valentine’s Day. I’m sorry if you didn’t get my Valentine, I haven’t actually sent it yet. They’re all in my car, just waiting for the time I go to the post office while it’s still open.

Today’s Exploit:

I got a little break. And I was very lazy, and I didn’t write any posts. I was guilt ridden all week, but it didn’t stop me from procrastinating.

But I’m back. And maybe I’ll be productive and write a few posts. We’ll see.

Last week Justin, my sometimes-manager sent me a little messenger note saying I was needed at a rig.

Justin: I have a rig for you. I’ll need you to be there Monday.

Me: Where is it?

Justin: South Texas

Ew.

Me: What rig?

Justin: Patterson 12.

Again, I say "Ew".

Me: What tools?

Justin: SlimPulse.

Justin: Your other option is to go back to Nabors 712.

(That’s the one with my friend, the dirty old man)

Me: Either one is fine.

Justin: Ok then, you can go to Patterson 17. Your night hand will be a post-school trainee.

Me: gulp…

Justin: I’ll send directions to your email.

Me:

I’m still a bit awestruck by this sudden promotion. I’ve never worked with anyone less qualified than I am. It will be the first time that I won’t have someone to hand the reins over to when all hell breaks loose and I have no idea what’s going on. I won’t have anyone to wake at night asking what the heck happened to the computer and why won’t it work?

I’m terrified.

And slightly exhilarated.

And terrified.

I might have to have a panic attack this afternoon. Stand by for further notice. If I don’t update this soon please send paramedics, I’ll probably be having heart palpitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative