Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, August 1

The Definition of Frustration

I was sitting near the logging unit the other night waiting for the forklift to come for my tools when the mud engineer stopped to talk.

Mud Engineer: Don’t wear too short shorts when you go out jogging.

Me: Oh, okay…

Mud Engineer: Some of us have smaller target zones than others.

Me: Crickets (literally)

I’m not sure if that was as bad as it sounded, but I now try to avoid him. In my mind he’s a bit of a creeper. Shiver.

Today’s Exploit:

A conversation I had with one of the Directional Drillers about a computer program:

Me: It didn’t work because VNC wasn’t open on this computer.

DD: Okay, try opening it to see if it works.

Me: I’m not seeing it. It’s not installed on this computer.

DD: We’ll have to go get Chris; maybe he’ll know how to open it.

Me: I guess we could install it.

DD: It must not have worked since that computer didn’t have the program on it.

Me: Yes, it’s not installed.

DD: Well, I’ll have to call the [IT people] and ask them what IP address they are using.

Me: They’re using a different program. VNC is not installed on this computer.

DD: That must be why we couldn’t get it to connect!

Me: Beat head against desk

A side note: VNC is a program that allows the user to view a computer desktop from another computer.

Another side note: I feel as if I should be enunciating V…E…R…Y slowly. I’m not sure what it is, but nothing I say seems to make it through whatever barrier this guy has. He’s pretty nice, talks a bit too much and absolutely EVERYTHING I say goes in one ear and out the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative