Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, August 5

Olfactory Factory

Last night, er… today when I was asleep, I had a dream. It was a crazy dream and I was baffled by it. And I was going to remember to document it. But I forgot to remember. And now all I can remember is that I was really confused and that I wanted to remember it but I forgot.

Today’s Exploit:

For some reason, lately my olfactory senses have been in overdrive. This means that I’ve noticed many odd smells. For example, the smoking tent inexplicably smells like grapefruit. Grapefruit. And anywhere between my box and the rig smells like dead crickets. Because they like to die in the diesel tanks. Also the rig smells like stale urine because roughnecks are gross and urinate in the drains.

It also means that I would rather be anywhere than in my box when someone else is there. The past three days every person that has come into the box has smelled like a shower was 4.78 days overdue. But it’s only been the last three days. Did they all get together and decide not to shower. Some sort of water wasting strike.

I assure you, it is not wasting. You smell awful. If you’re that worried, take a sponge bath. Or, wear deodorant!

In other news: I get to take a holiday. And I get to play at the cabin. And probably freeze my feet off in the creek while building a bridge. Yay. At least, I’ll get to do this if my manager ever answers my emails and approves my holiday request. You should email him, and make him respond.

UPDATE: Even choking myself with Febreze does not mask the malignant odor. I think someone’s arm may be rotting behind one of the computers. This box is going to need a serious fumigation when it goes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative