Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, August 6

Shocking Pink

I have a friend on this rig. I don’t know his name, or exactly what his job is, but every time he walks by he waves. Sometimes he pantomimes some crazy story to me. Sometimes he shines his laser light on the DD while he is asleep or tries to get me to smack him in the head.

Everyone else thinks I’m crazy because I’m sitting here laughing to myself. And he always manages to vanish before they look up.

Shoot, maybe I’m friends with a ghost! And only I can see him.

Today’s Exploit:

When I started this job I thought it would be hands on, learn new mechanical things and play in the mud. And to be fair that happens about once every three weeks. The rest of the time I sit in a box bored out of my mind and slowly rot from the inside out.

For example, this is what I did today:


I generally paint my nails once or twice a year. I’m normally too keyed up to do something like paint my nails. I can’t even take a bath. I get bored within 2.35 minutes. I was so bored I went and bought nail polish.

Also, maybe if the people out here are focused on my shocking pink fingernails, they’ll stop worrying about my “target zones”.

I discovered today that I have gramma hands. I blame eczema. My hands were normal, not crazy wrinkly before I got this dumb rash.


The other thg that wastes my time is reading. I went crazy and bought some magazines one time while I was in town, about two and a half weeks ago. Since then I have read Cosmopolitan, Women’s Running, Glamour, Vogue, and MarieClaire. I still have Savour to finish. I’ve also ready 5 Janet Evanovitch books, 2 Robin McKinley books, To Kill a Mockingbird and started the Stieg Larsson trilogy.

Maybe tomorrow they’ll let me play in the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative