Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, August 3

Fainting Sheep

Today at the safety meeting the company man lectured us for ten minutes on the proper chain of command. We are not allowed to go directly to the person who will be helping/doing the task. We must go through the driller.

I personally find this ridiculous. The chances of something going wrong due to miscommunication are abnormally high at this rig. I’m pretty sure the guys here speak a different language than I do. I only understand about a quarter of what I hear. I can only assume the same of them so I try to talk slowly and enunciate very well. Someday I’ll have to learn the language that roughnecks in Texas speak. It will probably help tremendously.

Today’s Exploit:

I worked with this kid for a couple months. He’s funny. I pretty much never stop laughing when I’m with him. The first thing we talked about was another guy we worked with and how he quit. And that we would probably quit if the economy wasn’t in the fish tank, or if we had useful skills. He told me that I can talk good, and type even gooder. That was when my email crashed and I had to restart my computer.  After that we talked more, about how horrible computers and hairy mexicans ae.

PJ: Computers suck. I'm going to move to the top of a mountain and raise sheep. Be free from the internet.

Gene : If you move to the bottom of a valley you'll be free from the internet too

PJ: And I'd probably also have water.

Gene : especially with fainting sheep

Gene : exactly

PJ: I might need some of those. Fainting sheep.

PJ: They would be good entertainmetn

Gene : fainting sheep are awesome

Gene : I'm gong to buy heaps of them and then run at them like a drunken madman

PJ: My thoughts exactly

And another conversation.
Gene : I'm out here working night MWD by myself on a D&I only job and training DD during the days

PJ: Sounds like fun. How sleep deprived are you now?

Gene : lets just say my alarm clock hasn't woke me up once, seriously

PJ: Wow.

Gene : and the ASAP I had out here kept shutting the HSPM machine down every 30 minutes or so. I just got a new one out here that is rockin the house

PJ: Sweet.

Gene : I haven't had one red number yet

PJ: Sounds like a keeper.

Gene : We were tripping in hole today and I thought sweet, this will be an awesome time to get a nap on the couch

PJ: Yeah right, like that’s going to happen.

Gene : 30 minutes later, a hairy Mexican rolls in here damanding a BHA. I was not impressed

PJ: Hairy?  Sounds amazing

Gene : Did I spell that incorrectly

PJ: no. I just think it's funny

Gene : oh yeah, he was hairy and greasy

PJ: ew

Gene : and I'm not sure his hair wasn't greasy

PJ: Even better.

Gene : I don't know, I tried to stay back

PJ: I understand.

I was laughing to myself even more crazily than I was with The Bloggess.  I think I'm starting to fit in with the weirdos out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative