Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, August 10

Um, Mace?

We finally finished drilling, and I’m really excited to leave this rig. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they won’t call me to another one before I leave. I’m trying to stay under the radar. Keep your fingers crossed, too. Help me escape the horrors of living in a trailer.

Today’s Exploit:

This morning my friend left. I’m not sure if I want to call him friend, but he was a pretty constant companion for the last few nights. He talked all the time, and was amusing, but after about three hours I was ready to sit in the quiet and read my book. He stayed another three. The only reason he left was to shower and go home. Otherwise he would have hung around and added to the people I had to wade through to get out of the box in the morning.

This evening I found out that the day crew does not much like him. The DD said that they bought a can of Mace for me to get rid of him. I think it’s rather hilarious that they dislike him that much. Mostly he just talks a lot about how cool he is.

Turns out guys get tired of that after a while. I do too. But now I get to go home. And sleep in my bed. And make cupcakes. And dance. And play Frisbee in the incessant Oklahoma evening heat. Yay summertime in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative