Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, August 23

Migrating


I was attacked by an overweight Basset Hound yesterday. It was out walking with its person, when it saw me. It was so excited that it jumped all over me and went rooo roooo Roooooo! Then it stepped on my foot. And I was wearing sandals. Ouchie!

Today's Exploit:

 
I got an email a month ago saying that I needed to migrate to a new version of Microsoft. I opened the instructions and got started. It seemed relatively straight forward. It started working, but then it stopped, and wouldn't go any further. Then I had to go to a rig.

At the rig I tried calling IT to have them finish the process for me. The worked on my computer for about four hours and seven deleted programs before telling me they couldn't help because I was on a rig and didn't have a proper internet connection. They said to call again as soon as I got to an office. I don't think they realize how infrequent my office trips are.

Also, those programs they deleted? I kinda use them daily. So I had to go a month trying to find ways around using those programs. Those ones such as Word, or Excel. Or the most important one Outlook.

I finally was able to go to an office and make them fix it. And it took 20 minutes. It should have taken about that long to begin with. But now I have super Word. And it has a blogging feature. And I blame it if this post doesn't work.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative