Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, January 29

Walk in the Park

Today I walked to my dance lesson.  That may seem like an innocent endeavor, but it was snowing like crazy.  It's not too long walk, though most people would never think of doing it.  I am constantly teased about walking to class.  But it was pretty out, and they way there was lovely. 

Today's Exploit:

I have never experienced an ice storm, and did not know what to expect.  It turns out that it means lots of rain, that freezes as soon as it touches whatever it lands on, ie. your car, the stairs, your umbrella, ect.  It was interesting, and I spent half an hour chipping at the ice on my windshield.  A bit later the rain started freezing before it hit anything.  It looked like hail from a distance.  Up close it looked like the crushed ice my sister likes to eat, from Sonic.  Everything looks different when it has half an inch of ice on it...


This bush was cool, it had what looked like buds under lots of ice.  It was kinda like a museum, where they have bugs trapped in amber.  It was very surreal walking by blades of grass or twigs that had an inch of ice around them. 



My favorite was the fence.  For some reason it just grabbed my attention. 


I guess this can be quite devastating when it builds up on the power lines.  My neighbor upstairs warned me to stock up on wood in case the power went out. 

It has started snowing, and I'm kinda relieved I can't get in my car.  That means I don't have to be on the road with these crazies.  Now that snow is covering the ice, they are driving like it's not there.  That's when the problems start...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative