Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, January 4

Uncle Fester

My mom suggested that I post all my entries that were not about food on this blog. It's not a bad idea, but it would take much more effort that I'm willing to expend. A bit funny considering how much time I put into making the header of PJ's Kitchen, but there you go, that project was definitely more interesting.

Sorry Mom, it's not gonna happen.

Today's Exploit:

The other day a guy came into my box and introduced himself as Aldo, he also told me his title, but it had no meaning to me and I promptly forgot. He was a nice man, and asked questions that I knew the answers to. That helps his "likable" status immensely. He's stopped by a few times since to ask how things are going, and to look at the graphs that I have on my computers.

The second or third time he came in he asked me:

"How's Uncle Fester treating you?"

I was a little lost, so I kinda laughed and said "Alright." I really had no idea what he was talking about, so after puzzling over it for 3.8 seconds I let it go.

I eventually figured out that, whatever his title, he is the "Head Honcho" out here. The "Company Men" run the show, and he's their boss. I was kinda impressed that he didn't act like a jerk like "Company Man #1". This man has a very narrow picture of what is going on out here, yet he throws his weight around considerably, and is generally better than every one out here. He gets angry over little things and makes most of the workers angry.

The next time Aldo came in he told me that he would be leaving this week, but that his boss and his boss's boss will be coming out this week. Evidently his boss is like "Uncle Fester".

And then it hit..."Company Man #1" is Uncle Fester. Hahahahahahaha! I can't believe it. This man calls a guy who works for him "Uncle Fester". And he's so straight faced when he says it; I think that's why I had no idea at first. It could also be that I have seen approximately .68 episodes of "The Adam's Family".

So, now every time I see "Company Man #1" I have to struggle not to burst out laughing. The challenges of this job...

1 comment:

Google Analytics Alternative