Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, January 6

Water Crisis

My dad sent me a video of the "Real" Uncle Fester so that I could compare.  And while the mannerisms are quite different, they both have the stooped walk and very round bald head.  "Company Man #1" looks very much like Uncle Fester.

I finally pulled my camera out of my car to take some pictures.  I've just posted on PJ's Kitchen, and have more in mind.  I'm pretty excited about the new picture settings on blogger.  I just wish they'd add the spell checker back in!  I do alright in the spelling department, but I'm not that great in the typing department.

Today's Exploit:

So, the other night I got up to use the toilet, and when I tried to wash my hands the water didn't work.  I was a little confused and a lot groggy, so I went back to bed hoping it would work later. 

When I got up for work it still didn't work.  I was kinda at a loss.  I thought maybe the water was gone, but that didn't seem right since it just stopped working, it didn't taper off. 


I did find out later that when the water gets low enough, the pumps turn off so they don't burn up.  Even so, after work I tried the faucet again, and it worked!  But I didn't remember seeing a water truck come by.  Hmm....

Last night the same thing happened.  When I got up to use the toilet the water did't work!  I finally figured out that the hoses are freezing!  It's been really cold here, for Texas that is.  It freezes every night, and the water supply hoses are just that: garden hoses.  They have no insulation at all.  And because they are between all the trailers, they don't melt until afternoon when the sun finally hits them. 

To top that, I heard this morning that it is supposed to be even colder tomorrow and Friday.  That means no water at all for the next couple days.  I'd better get a shower in tonight!  Hopefully it will warm up enough for that...

1 comment:

Google Analytics Alternative