Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, February 2

Dirty Laundry

The other night I was feeling quite restless and had the munchies.  I was watching a movie, so I figured it would be ok to go get some chips or something from the store...I forgot about the storm.  Now, it had pretty much passed.  The streets were all slushy from people driving and tramped down from walking. 

I got my stuff together.  Put on my shoes, grabbed my bag and hit the stairs.  I got to my car and was a little perplexed.  It had a half inch of ice over THE ENTIRE THING!  I punched it a few times around the door frame like I had seen other people do, and that helped a little.  It wigged.  But I had to pull REALLY hard to make it wiggle, and I was scared of hurting poor Starla. 

I briefly considered walking, it's not very far.  Then I remembered Oklahoma City has no sidewalks.  And it's dark.  I'm all for running out in the boonies after dark.  I get warned about wild animals every time I step out the door.  But people at night are another story.  They're scary!

So, I decided to make use of this setback and do some laundry. 

Today's Exploit:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I really need to get my own washer and dryer.  I mean, YUCK!

On the best of days this laundry room is not the cleanest.  I have seriously considered taking Lysol or Clorox wipes with me.  Now I believe I HAVE to. 

I'm a bit of a germ-o-phobe to begin with.  I will not let my clothing touch the rim of the washer or dryer, even if they're dirty.  And if anything touches the floor...straight back in the washer. 

The cleaner for this facility must not work if there's any precipitation on the ground because this was atrocious.  Enough to make even the strongest laundry-room-goer run screaming for the nearest mental help professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative