Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, January 10

Jealousy

I got a call a little bit ago, in my box.  I've gotten this call a few times, but this one seemed more hopeful:

"You have running water!"

Hopefully this time is for good.  I had running water last night.  It warmed up enough for that.  Evidently the hose came away from the tank, in addition to freezing.  A couple times it would freeze even if I left it running.  Very frustrating.

This time, though, I am hopeful.  They rigged up a bypass system, to that the water flows continually.  Maybe this will be enough.  It doesn't hurt that the temperature is rising. 

Today's Exploit:

My sister had her birthday party Friday.  It was bad enough not being able to go, but I have been forced to work at all times, and thus have not gotten the chance to send her gift.  To make things even worse she had Eli and Cavan at her party.  And they got to cook, in the new kitchen no less.

Cupcake tried to be helpful by sending me pictures of the boys, but that only served to make me more jealous.  This is the picture she sent:


A bit later I got to talk to them on the phone.  Cupcake said they kept asking about me, which made me feel a bit better.  (At least they didn't forget.)  And they both talked a lot.  Mostly I remember as Eli being pretty good at communicating, and Cavan as being mute or incoherent.  They both asked me if I was coming, which made me sad.  I wish I could have :(  They also told me how much fun they were having jumping over Cupcake's legs and looking at her belly button. 

Unfortunately for me, this was one of my not-so-busy days.  And I had nothing to do but work on Cupcake's blog.  I eventually remembered that I had some books in my car.  That was a relief, much better than being frustrated by the blog, or bored to blindness by staring at the work computers.

These are some of the books that kept me going.  The Hero and the Crown, and The Blue Sword.  Some of my favorite books.  Not that that means much.  Most of the books I read I call my favorites.  But these are some of the ones that I read on a regular basis.  Along with Sabriel, Lirael and Abhorsen by Garth Nix, and the Alanna series by Tamora Pierce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative