Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, July 30

Fevered Delusions

This is my favorite song right now.  
Today’s Exploit:
This morning I woke up freezing.  FREEZING.  In Texas.  In the summer.
At first I just thought they turned down the AC and I’d be fine in a minute.  
After an hour of shaking violently enough to rattle my teeth I decided that I needed to go outside to get warm.  I could tell something was not quite right because my skin was warm to touch, but I was still shivering like I was in an earthquake.  But my main focus was getting outside so that I could be warm again.
So I went out and sat in the sun.  
Normally just walking outside makes me feel like I’ve been slapped in the face with a shot of steam, but today it took me a full 4.87 minutes to feel warm.   
About when I started to feel warm I also started to feel like I might be sick and wanted some privacy.  So I stumbled behind the trailers and across the road.  After tripping over a rock and my own feet 17 times I made it.  That was when I realized that I had a good chance of losing consciousness and privacy probably wasn’t at the top of the list of things I needed anymore.  
So I turned around and shuffled back to the trailer where I scared the socks off Enrique, the other MWD.  He helped me to the couch and gave me drugs to help my fever, and then he made me sleep on the couch the rest of the morning so that he could make sure I didn’t get any worse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative