Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, July 19

Starla’s Hissy Fit

I love Texas, I love Texas, I love Texas.
It’s my mantra.  
Sometimes it changes to I love my job, I love myjob, Ilovemyjob.
Occasionally it’s a little hysterical.  Specially when I have to put the tool together at noon, in 104 degree direct sunlight.
Today’s Exploit:
Yesterday I stopped for “coffee”.  You remember that time I looked for apartments?  Yeah.  That stop.
I did my search and drank my smoothie and packed my computer back up with my list of places to visit ready at hand.
I got in Starla and put the key in the ignition.  I got Timmy-the-GPS ready with the first address for apartment hunting then turned the key.
Starla:  Chug, chug, click click click
Me:  No, Starla.  Please start.
Starla:  Click Click click
So I rerouted Timmy-the-GPS for the nearest garage, then I went across the street to the gas station to be sure.  
Luckily there was a garage right across the street.  
I walked over and begged the mechanics for help.  So they came over to try to jump her.  They were very nice and didn’t make me call a tow truck, and Starla did start with a jump.
So I drove her over and got her registered for the car doctor.  But now she’s back to purring.  
Thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative