Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Friday, July 29

I Have a New Shadow

I made a deal with K.J.
He won’t set his alarm.  I’ll wake him up in the morning
He suggests poking him in the foot, it’s safer than poking him in the arm.
Today’s Exploit:
The other day, when I was past delirious from exhaustion, I met a roughneck.  Or rather, I talked to him a bit.  
He told me about San Antonio, and that the Riverwalk was an awesome place.  He said we should hang out since we’d both be working nights.  He made jokes and chattered about a lot of things I don’t remember.  
The next time I saw him, after I got some sleep, he didn’t talk to me at all.  
He did, however, stand as close to me as possible any time I wasn’t moving.  Now every time I go to the rig floor, if he’s there, I have a second shadow.  A silent second shadow.
I’m not sure if he’s stalking me or if he’s worshiping me.
I wish he’d go back to work.
It makes me nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative