Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Monday, July 4

My Little Peach Cobbler

I’ve been asked to make cinnamon rolls.  And we’re going to have a barbecue for the holiday this evening.
I’m kind of excited.
By the way, Happy 4th of July.
Today’s Exploit:
I made friends with the driller on this rig.  He is funny and nice, and scary.  I definitely would not want to be on his bad side.
But I’m not, because I made cookies for him, with honey and not sugar since he’s a diabetic.  He did share with the rest of the crew.
And I take popsicles to them on a regular basis.  
So I go and talk to him and we laugh and he tells me stories and talks about his family.
And he tells me all the cheesy oilfield jokes that he knows, and that are appropriate.
He pretty much treats me like a granddaughter.  
When I’m in my box, and he has a question or has to change the depth of the well, he’ll call.
Me:  Hello?
Doug:  Hello, my little peach cobbler!
Me:  Hahahahah!
Doug:  I need to change the depth.
Me:  Ok, thanks for letting me know.
Doug:  You’re welcome.  Bye my little peach cobbler.
I don’t know why he decided to call me that, but I like it and it makes me laugh.  k
And now Tony, one of the DDs, calls me that as well.
A rather odd nickname.
He claims it’s because I’m sweet and peachy.
Whatever that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative