Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, July 26

Myrtle’s Abandonment

One of the DDs just called me a hippie.
For eating yogurt; and for drinking chocolate milk.  
Ok, ok, I also had some Fig Newtons.
Today’s Exploit:
I forgot Myrtle.
I was going to visit Cupcake, and then to Austin and San Antonio to look at apartments.
So I packed everything up like I would for a job.  
I remembered my shoes, and my hardhat, and my contacts.  
I also remembered to re-pack my jeans that I’d washed and my sheets.
I was ready to go to Abilene and then to Austin, and then probably to a job.  
When I got to Abilene Cupcake and I made salad for dinner.  And she ate half a packet of mozzarella cheese balls.  And then we went swimming.  
After swimming we drove around looking for a park to walk in.  We ended up getting ice cream and going back to her room instead.
That was when I remembered.
Myrtle was still sitting on my kitchen window sill.  
I nearly cried.
And my plans changed a bit.
Naturally I had to go back for her.  She wouldn’t make it through a job sitting in that dark window.  I didn’t even water her before I left.  
*Sob
Myrtle was fine when I got back.  I don’t think she missed me much.  
And now she has a new friend; Kevin reminds me to take her every time I get into my car.  
I think she might like him better than me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative