Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, July 24

Cowgirl Dreams: Achieved

I have strep.
I thought you were supposed to outgrow this disease at the same time you outgrew high school.  Along with useless homework and catty popularity cliques. 
Today’s Exploit:
I went to see my sister when she was in Abilene, for a fire.  
Our first item on our agenda was to get haircuts.  
We both forgot, again.
But we did go shopping.  For cowboy boots, naturally.  
I think Cupcake tried on 832 pair.  And I looked for some steel toes with red sequins, like Dorothy’s Oz shoes.  But alas, Cupcake was more successful than I.  She found some super-duper-fancy boots with pointy toes, just like she always wanted.
After dinner we went for a walk so that she could be a cowgirl.  It’s what she wanted to be when she grew up.  
Abilene is sidewalk challenged, just like Oklahoma City.  So we walked on the road and in the dirt and stickers and around a sketchy neighborhood.  And it was 947 degrees out.  
So we had to go back to her hotel and get Slurpees.  I love Slurpees.  I’ve been living on them.  They’re the only thing I want, along with popsicles, when it’s this hot out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative