Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, July 28

Please, Please, Make It Stop!

Have I mentioned yet that I’m moving?  
I’m a little bit excited.
Today’s Exploit:
The day DD doesn’t like his bed.
He’s slept on the couch every night I’ve been here.  
He also stays up until at least midnight.
Eventually he’ll go to sleep and the other DD or I will go through and turn off the lights; maybe we’ll even turn down the TV.  It doesn’t really seem to matter to K.J., but it makes me feel better.
Then we sit in the office and talk, or read, or surf the internet, or write stories.  Occasionally one of us tiptoes into the kitchen for a snack or a soda or some lemonade.  We could tromp through the trailer like a heard of great white sharks and K.J. wouldn’t notice, but we tiptoe to be polite.
But it all changes at 5:30 am.  
That’s when the alarm goes off.
The alarm sounds like a fog horn, or a fire alarm on steroids.  
And it goes off for 27.2 minutes, at the very least.  
I try to ignore it by burying my nose in my book.
Then I close the door.
Then I turn up my music to full volume.
I can still hear the WAUGH WAUGH WAUGH of the alarm.
So I talk to Richard and we pretend that nothing is happening in the next room.  If I get really desperate I go outside for a while.  
This morning I went really crazy and poked K.J. in the arm until he sat up.  I nearly got punched in the eye and knocked over, but it made the alarm stop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative