Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, March 29

They Stand Too Close For Comfort. Not Just One, All of Them

I started trying to learn Spanish on my computer last night. I remember lots of random words from high school Spanish, but I don’t remember what any of them mean. So far this session I have learned about the black cat, the blue car and they boy under the table.

Spanish interspersed with reading my Portable MBA in Entrepreneurship should keep me busy for the next few weeks. I’m only able to get through 1.7 pages at a time in the book without falling asleep.

Today’s Exploit:

The other night I made a friend.

I gave him TUMS.

Now we are best friends. Every time he sees me he has to say hi, or wave, or do something to get my attention. Tonight he sprayed me with water while washing the BOP.

I’m glad I could help, but this is a bit much.

Earlier tonight, while I was waiting to get back to drilling, I went to the rig floor. Everyone up there had to tell me 5.3 stories about Wyoming/Colorado/Montana. Because for people from the south they are all the same. They even include Utah and Nebraska in this category. Maybe a few others will be added if the particular person I’m talking to has traveled anywhere at all and ever been cold.

Any time these guys didn’t have to lift or pull something they were standing within 4.2 feet of me.

My new friend was within 6 inches.

This is why I hide in my box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative