Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, March 22

Running Away

For Dad: The Oatmeal.

Today’s Exploit:

While at rigs I run most every day. I like the rigs that have miles of deserted dirt roads to get to. That means that I don’t have to worry about traffic, just an occasional cow.

This rig has a quarter mile of dirt road. Then a relatively busy highway is mo only option for a mile and a half.

It’s frustrating trying to run in the gutter to avoid the constant traffic.

The other day I was pulled over by the local sheriff. The one with the dog.

He told me about the high school track. And that it was open to public. While I generally hate running in circles, I’ve decided that it is better than being run off the road by 18-wheelers.

I have been averaging 4 miles. That is 16 circles looking at the same bleachers and hurdles and stripes. But the track is cushy, and I can gauge my pace easily. Also since I’m the only one there I can even run clockwise whenever I get a hankering. Yesterday was the first day I ran backwards on a track. It was weird. It made my knee hurt. And it was very rewarding.

I think I might do it again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative