Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, March 30

Melty Butter and Wasting Time

I suddenly want some frozen yogurt.

Today’s Exploit:

I spent the morning reading worthless blogs. But they mostly made me laugh. Some of them made me sigh, so I found new ones to read. I also slept far too much, and learned that I can’t remember the difference between smiling and laughing in Spanish.

Fail.

On a happy note, I made Yeasted Banana Bread yesterday afternoon. It was an experiment. It was also a success. It was mildly sweet and had just a hint of banana and it was crusty and lovely.

Me: Do you want the heel or a middle piece?

Charles: Whichever you don’t want.

I walked to the fridge to get butter and when I turned around he had both pieces.

Later.

Charles: You’re not going to eat anymore of that bread, are you?

Me: Why?

Charles: I figured you’d had enough and I would have the rest.

Me: Oh, I see.

Also, I am currently in love with spreadable butter, the kind with olive oil to keep it softer? It melts when it gets to room temperature. And melty butter is always better than hard slabs. It’s just not quite as dependable to cook with. But I can work around that if I always have melty butter for my bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative