Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, March 16

Decoding the Dance Instructions

I just ate half a bag of carrots; I think my skin is turning orange. And my hair will probably be green soon.

Today’s Exploit:

In April I am supposed to be performing at Showcase. That is a fancy name for a dance recital. My song is picked out and my dance is all choreographed. Now I just need to keep it all straight in my head during the time I’m at work. This may be difficult considering I can’t understand the notes, no one here knows how to Tango, and I can’t dance in steel-toed boots. Even pink ones.

I’ve tried. Also, this is what the notes look like:

Tango – Por Una Cabeza

1. Lean in
2. Send out
3. Step .5 step
4. Step .5 pivot
5. Step .5 step
6. Step .5 pivot
7. Walk to cortè
8. Contra to link
9. Promenade to lunge
10.
11. Double cruise
12. Walk backs to link
13. Promenade to link
14.
15. Promenade to send out
16. Lean to
___________
Kick, Flick & Drop

This is what Shawn wrote. I have no idea what it means, and I’m terrible at remembering the names of the moves. Also this is only a third of the song. The rest is worse.

Hopefully that week before the performance will be enough to re-learn the whole thing.

I might need an understudy. If you know what this stuff means please come take my place. ‘Cause I’m scared. I need my blankie and teddy.

Or maybe my orange mixing bowl. That would probably work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative