Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, March 20

My Job is Being Quiet, Alternate Title: I will always win the quiet game

Last night I sat in the trailer and watched TV all night. It was strangely exhausting.

It must have been that time I got up to make macaroni and cheese that wore me out.

Today’s Exploit:

When Dave and Charles and Chris are all in the trailer they’re always telling stories. They tell hunting stories, embarrassing stories, fishing stories, work stories. And they talk about chickens a lot.

Every so often they notice me. The conversations go something like this:

Charles: You haven’t said much, what are you doing over there?

Me: Making a sandwich.

Charles: Just being quiet, huh?

Me: Yep, that’s my job.

Chris: How much does it pay?

Me: Not much, but it’s steady.

Chris and Charles: Hahahaha.

Now every time one of them comes in they ask me what I’m doing, but before I have a chance to reply they say, “Just being quiet?” So I just smile and go on with what I’m doing.

Today Charles was standing in the kitchen, in my usual place.

Me: You don’t look very awake today.

Charles: (nods) I’m just being quiet.

Me: Oh, taking over my job?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative