Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, May 21

It Made Blinking Really Awkward

I’m being lazy again.  I’d rather make Banana Bread than write stories.  
But I’ll have some new ones soon.  Hopefully
Today’s Exploit:
Today I went to the eye doctor to get a new prescription for contacts.  
It was the first time the doctor ever did anything besides make me read the letters on the mirror (I examined the source of the letters, the projector.  They have it bouncing all over the place before it gets to the mirror that you’re supposed to read it from) and go through the torture of having puffs of air directed at your eye.  They always get irritated with me because I can’t keep from blinking when they do that.  
She gave me some eye drops that were supposed to numb my eyes for 5 minutes.  Then she stuck this glowing stick into my eye.  It made my vision go all rippley.  
The doctor turned to write down the information that the glowing stick had gathered.  That was when I noticed that the eyedrops had made my tear ducts feel swollen.  Rather like having Novocain in my mouth.  They felt so swollen it was awkward to blink.  
I waited the requisite 5 minutes.  
Nothing changed.  My eyes still felt funny.  And they were RED.  As red as that time that I had a wacky hay-fever reaction and my face swelled up.
I went through the sample-contacts procedure, and I paid twice because the girl messed up her addition.  Then I asked for all the information on a card and the girl decided I also needed some contact solution and a bag for all my treasures.
My tear ducts still felt the size of marbles.  
The Novocain feeling lasted for about an hour.  It was a very long hour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative