Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, May 29

Dancing the Night Away

Yesterday I made cinnamon rolls.  When I took them to the rig floor the crew actually cheered.  
Today’s Exploit:
I went dancing last weekend.  Swing dancing.  It was very exciting.  I haven’t been swing dancing in ages.  
This dance was in Dallas, and it lasted from 8:00 - 11:59 pm.  Lots of people were there.  Some really amazing dancers were there, too.  It was fun to watch.  
Being a newbie, I sat on the wrong side of the room to see them very well.  Most of the “in” crowd sat and danced on the other side of the room.  
I also danced a lot.  And had lots of people ask if I’d been to this dance before.  They were amazed when I said no.  Most of this amazement stems from another girl that apparently looks like me.
Some people were amazed because I could follow, and were a bit too dense to realize that my first time at this dance didn’t necessarily mean my first time dancing. 
At any rate, I think I made some new friends.  Certainly lots of new acquaintances.  I hope to be able to see them again.  And sit on the “cool people” side of the room so that I can see them better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative