Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, April 1

Orange You Glad?

Have I said anything about the crazy Irish guy on this rig?  He is in charge of the turbine, which is used near the drill bit.  He's a funny guy and comes up with some crazy ideas. 

Today's Exploit:

When he arrived I didn't understand a word he said for the first hour.  Gradually I got used to his accent and discovered he was hilarious. 

One of the first questions he asked me was if I liked to "party". (in other words: get drunk)

I said I don't very often, I'm not very good at it. 

His response:  Come stay with me for a month, we'll have you drinking with the best of the guys.

The next question was if I had a boyfriend.

His response:  Come stay with me for a month, we'll have you fraternizing with the enemy.

The other day I came out to the box to discover an orange on my laptop.  Decorated as what I assume is me:

It also says "Have a nice day"

On the DD's computer was a similar one:


Apparently he is known locally as "Slide-Dog"


The most recent encounter was when I got back from a run.  He had noticed that the day DD and MWD went to dinner with the company man and maybe a few others.  I guess he was offended that I wasn't invited so he offered to take me to dinner on Sunday if we are tripping (and I don't have to work). 

Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative