Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, April 24

Drill Mobile

This guy has never ending stories. Every time I see him I hear at least three. But then, occasionally it's not a story that makes me laugh. He'll go and say something like this:

Me: "dialing the rig floor"

Mr. Doyle: Drill Mobile!

Me: Hahahaha. The driver’s here for the PowerDrive.

Mr. Doyle: The what?

Me: The driver’s here. For the PowerDrive.

Mr. Doyle: Oh, the driver, Ok.

Me: Wait, I dialed the rig floor, how did I get you?
(When I first got here I had some problems with the phone connecting to the wrong "office")

Mr. Doyle: I’m on the rig floor; this here’s the Drill Mobile!

He’s like a grandpa. Sometimes he reminds me of my Granddad. He’s tall but a little stooped, with gray hair (just not quite as much as Granddad) and has that smoker’s laugh. Every chance I get I stop and talk to him. His stories are hilarious, and he’s nice. And he’s so fun to make laugh.

Today's Exploit

Today I was talking to Mr. Doyle and John. They make fun of me for being a Yankee. And because I don’t know what half the food they like to talk about is. They are determined to make me try everything they cook. John says he’s certified to certify honorary “Coon-Asses”. This phrase refers to people from Louisiana.


First I have to try all their food, which is fine with me. I like to cook, I like trying new things, except maybe shrimp. I’m afraid of shrimp. Then I have to learn to cook it. This is fine, because most of the food they cook is amazing.

This must go on for about six months. Then they get into your car. See, you must listen to Cajun music while driving. They thought this was hilarious, because my first real experience with Cajun music was about three nights ago. When the rig hands did jigs for me, to get muffins.

Then he has a certificate that he can print out, and Ta-Da! Honorary Coon-Ass.

PS Today they made me eat eggs with sausage. They didn’t believe me when I said I don’t really like eggs or sausage. And they made fun of me for being a Yankee.

PPS John did tell Mr. Doyle that I made biscuits the other day, from scratch. He was shocked and said he didn’t think I’d know what a biscuit was.

I’m offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative