Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Thursday, April 15

Show the Love

I'm getting to know the rig hands I'm working with a little better.  (I've been here almost 5 weeks) They actually talk to me when I go up to the rig floor now.  They tease me about cooking for them, but I'm tough and won't give in.  A stress free working environment is more important than feeding people.

Today's Exploit:

I was talking to Malcom while he was running the rig.  He was giving the driller, Josh, a break from sitting in the box.  (They have lots of boxes.)  He was telling me stories about drinking, both at home and with the rest of the crew. 

Josh happened to come in while Malcom was telling how Josh gets while drunk.  Evidently he likes to tell everyone he loves them, and smell the women's hair. 

Later when Malcom went up to the derrick Josh had to defend himself.

Josh:  I don't tell EVERYONE in the bar I love them. Just a select few.

Me:  Just the ones you really do?

Josh:  I think I do.

Me:  Hahaha

Translation: He really does tell everyone ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative