Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Sunday, April 25

Love

I get notes from the other MWD on a regular basis. Some of them frustrate me, some of them I ignore. Today I got one from her. I mostly ignored it, but it also had a note from the DD. It was kinda funny. I borrowed his little light the other night and forgot to put it back in it’s exact spot.



Today’s Exploit:

Yesterday morning I went to town. I wanted to get some flour for this amazing bread recipe I just got. This bread is so amazing that I might have to wait to make it, so I don’t feel guilty for not sharing. It might be amazing enough for me to get past my guilt and not share anyway.

On my way to town I saw some dogs near the road. The two yellow lab-ish dogs have greeted me on my runs, so I was ready for them. There’s also and ugly little yappy dog here, that I though was in the road. When I got closer I saw that it was a baby. A baby yellow lab, about four or five weeks old. It was out exploring. I was in love.

It wandered to the side of the road and I started to ease by it. But it was interested in my car and came back into the road. I stopped and it disappeared in front of my car. After a couple minutes I got out to find it, so that I could go. It was under my car, just looking out. The mama and the male came over, Mama to make sure I was nice to the baby, and the male to vigorously demand that I pay more attention to him than the others. Sadly for him there was a baby under my car.

I finally was able to open my car door so that I could bet to the puppy without being mauled by Mama and Some Guy. He was precious, and I named him Bartholomew. And I wanted to take him home with me and live happily ever after, and go for runs together.

But then a little girl came out of the trailer. She was barefoot and tiptoeing across the driveway. I took the puppy took her and asked if it was hers. Her almost inaudible response:

“It got out of the pen.”

That was the last time I saw Bartholomew. It still hurts.

I may have to go back in the night and steal him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative