Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, February 11

Myrtle Mint Needs a Haircut

Countdown:  35 Days.  My calves still hurt.  They may hurt for the rest of the year.
I decided I am going to take a picture of my hat every time it gets dirty.  So I can show all the pretty/gross patterns/whatever.  I was foiled in this endeavor before I even got started.
Today’s Exploit:
My next project is going to be to give Myrtle a haircut.  She is getting very scraggly right now.  
She has seen many new places and endless rigs.  And she is growing lots.  But she also sees the floor of Starla quite frequently.  And, since I have to go to Houston to see the office, she does too.
That means she gets mashed against the floor-mats occasionally because city drivers are stupid.  And once in a while because I’m gawking.  She also has to hang out in the oppressive heat of a car in Texas while I go inside and fight with computers.  
She’s been bent and wilted and dumped and smashed, from that one time I let one of the trainees ride with me.  His stuff fell on her, and she squawked at me in protest.  Then pretended she was going to die for 3.612093 days.  
At the moment she’s trying to grow all to one side of the pot.  I think she wants to tip it over to make me feel bad again.  
Gosh, Myrtle.  I water you and turn you on a regular basis.  What more do you want?  
Oh, new dirt?  I see.  It is true, you are only half full.  I will work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative