Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Wednesday, February 17

Grepes, no Sweet Enchaladas

 As everyone knows, I like to cook.  So when I'm on rigs I take a lot of cookies and brownies and other goodies to the rig floor for the hands.  Also, yesterday was Pancake Day.  Sadly a guy from the "office" came out and gave us a schpeal about Service Quality.  It was very long-winded and not very interesting, from my perspective.  So, instead of making large quantities of pancakes, and going for my run, I watched slides on the goals of the company. 

I decided to have my very own Pancake Day today.  We were tripping pipe, so my job was "stand by" for when they got close to the bottom of the well.  Since I had lots of free time, I made crepes.  Cupcake said I should put lemon and sugar on them, but I really didn't have either.  So I made something up.

I debated for a long time whether to put this post here or on PJ's Kitchen, but I've already posted Crepes, and this is really funny.

I was trying to think of anything that I could put on the crepes.  Considering I have pretty much depleted my resources, this was very difficult.  I had cream cheese, chocolate, sour milk, some yogurt, some cheese and some ranch dressing, and honey.  Finally I figured out I could mix the honey and cream cheese and make almost a fruit dip, which was really delicious.  I also melted some chocolate and put butter and some sour milk in it.  It made a nice thick sauce.  I put each in a piping bag and put a strip on the finished crepes.  MMMMazing.

Today's Exploit:

When I took these goodies up o the rig floor, most of the guys were pretty baffled.  One thought he may have heard of crepes at IHOP, or something. 

He went outside to tell the other hands I had come crepes for them, but I guess with all the noise something was lost in translation.  The next guy to come in was looking for the grapes. 

Me: No, Crepes.  Really thin French pancakes.

Him: How did you get them so flat?  They're like tortillas.

Me: There's no baking powder.

Him: Huh? I use the boxed stuff.

The next guy came in and was told:  They're Grepes, really thin Italian pancakes.

And the chain continues.  The third went out and told the first guy: They're Grepes, really thin pancakes made in Italy. 

Wow. They've traveled far to get to good ole' Gill, Texas. 

The final guy was up on the derrick, the platform that's at the top of the rig when this was happening.  He was lucky enough to have some left when he came down and later came by to tell me that the Sweet Enchaladas were really good. 

Well, I guess we've traveled all over the world with these...things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative