Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Tuesday, February 9

Dreams

My sister likes books about dreams, and what they mean.  I remember her keeping a journal of the dreams she's had.  I on the other hand rarely remember dreams.  Therefore her interest has rather baffled me.

Since I've been at this rig, out in the scary boonies of East Texas, I've been having lots of dreams.  As in every time I fall asleep. Also, I haven't gone running becasue I work all the daylight hours.  Not that that's stopped me before, but this road is scary, and it has scary houses along it.  And since Starla bottoms out on nearly every pothole, I would probably be lost forever if I fell into one. 

But back to dreams.  Something about this has caused me to start dreaming, or remembering my dreams, or something.  And this has not reassured me about my sister's interest.  If I had to analyze what my dreams meant I would probably lock me up in an institution. 

I dream of falling out of beds, random crazy cakes melting away (maybe stories by the other MWD), and some other random crazy stuff.

Ok, ok, I understand how some of the dreams could be some of my recent experiences.  For example I've been sleeping on a bunk bed, hence falling out.  As for the cakes, this could be a result of reading too many Cake Wrecks entries.  The melting is definitely a combination of the temperature of the trailer and the stories of the other MWD, but we'll save that for another day.

Today's Exploit:

Er...dream?

This dream is sticking with me for some reason.  I have no idea how it came to be, but it is really random and quite confusing.

I am sitting in a house.  I'm not sure who's house because it had red carpet like my parents' old house and I was sitting under a bar, like in my new home.  For some reason I was facing the wall.  Then Eli, of Jealousy, runs by.  This continues, but is not shocking in any way.  Eli has lots of energy and, in my experience, is always running.  That is, if I don't have him cracking eggs for cookies.  Next Cavan, also of Jealousy, came and sat by me.  That is not strange either.  The strange thing was that he had an acid green elastic band that he wanted in his hair.  His hair is usually about 1/2 an inch long.  Also, in my dream, these guys are the age they were when I moved away.  Eli was just starting to be a chatter box, and Cavan was just starting to walk. 

In the midst of this I was texting my sister.  Not odd in itself, but why I had to sit facing a wall to do this is beyond me.  Another character in my dream is one of the DDs from this rig, Chris.  He was in the background on his phone.  (I think this may have been real life incorporated into this dream)  The strange part was that his phone talks.  "Voice mail from Brandon West" for example.  I know it makes funny noises because I hear it quite often, but as to telling who left voice mails who knows?

When I think about this dream I can't decide if it's funny, boring or completely messed up.  I mean this is about 5 different parts of my life.  None of which usually go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative