Other things. Sorta like posts, but not.

Saturday, February 6

Revelation

Today I had to break down and go to WalMart.  Not an ideal expedition at the best of times, but it was the only place I could go for a printer.  Sadly I needed to get a printer for the job I'm at right now. 

By the way.  I'm back in Gill, Texas.  Population: approximately 4.7.  This makes those itty-bitty Wyoming towns look charming and high class.

But back to my story.  I needed a printer, (don't forget the usb cable that the printer MUST have, but is not included) some extra ink cartridges and food for a few days.  I made it safely to the checkout line where Jewel asked me 5 times if I wanted to sign up for a WalMart credit card (Um, you know you wore me down...where's the form?). Then she proceeded to tell me a very longwinded story where the magnet at her checkout stand kept resetting her watch (I kept wondering if it ever occurred to her than an analog watch would work, but knew better than to ask).

I finally made it through and was out the door. 

Oh, I forgot to mention that I've been up since 5:00 am, driven 7 hours and rigged up at the wellsite only to find that they won't be ready for us for who knows how long, AND I only got 2 hours of sleep last night.

I got to the nasty road that poor Starla HATES because she could bottom out on EVERY bump if I'm not amazingly careful, when I realized...DUN Dun dun.  I FORGOT THE USB CABLE.  Without this cable I cannot use my printer.  AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!

I made a point of calling and telling them I forgot my stuff and would be in the NEXT morning. RAWR!

Today's Exploit:

I was walking through the store, for the second time.  I'd found everything I needed and was headed for Customer service to "check out".  (Really the lady just demagnetized the stuff and put it in a bag taking about 23.2 seconds.) 

I was looking at the people and being amazed at some of the things people wear out of their houses.  Yikes.  I happened to notice a man walking past with a Texas Longhorns sweatshirt.  I looked for a minute trying to figure out why the color looked so familiar.  Finally I looked down and realized that I was wearing that exact same color, sans logo. 


Sadly I will continue wearing this sweatshirt, at least for a while.  I will switch it out as the one I wear to work, so that I can save the Fire one, which I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative